Stogie T on Sway

Stogie T on Sway




Fede fede kaofela.

2017 ended on a high with "Black Thought" making sure the culture is safe  with a verse that had the globe honoring and recognizing lyricism as an integral part of emceeing.

Closing off 2018, the "Valley of the Hyenas" was invaded by one "Stogie T" recently and this what what down


After the showdown, The Roots’ Black Thought sent Stogie T a message simply saying “You a beat bro”.

Sway called Stogie T "South Africa’s finest,” as he was about to go in, and he did not dissapoint as he not only represented South Africa, but the African continent as a whole.

Stogie T's Verse.
"There ain’t a French bottle we ain’t pop
a fresh article we ain’t cop 
Benz-top that we ain’t drop’d
A dress model we ain’t knock’d
festival we ain’t rock’d destined to be this  hot - to the best of my knowledge rest of them average thats saying a lot
but if if you’re taking stock
and you don’t save a spot for the forsaken lot
from the baking hot….land of the slaver’s dock
that’s your prerogative we polar opposites
I’m from that continent of poverty and long walk accomplishments
where former heroes give birth to spoilt rotten kids
the opulent meet the poor cleaning their offices
we push rocketships, like Elon Musk -
charged the whip but still stuck in shit coz we don’t got, a pot to piss in,
Say God forgives as you give the church half your shit. I’m buggin’. Still, we can’t tell pastor from a pimp.
Its Roman Catholic, its Anglican, its African - tribesmen, migrants…shit, its masked men kidnapping kids 
I say South Africa: You think Trevor.
I think Nelson, its half apparent you getting mixed messages ay
I say Nigeria: You think Fela!
I think Delta!
Its past and present, blurry as an impressionist Sway!
I put your certified hyenas in elephant graves,
I’m punching way above the ceiling, you set as the grade,
this is the Red Letter Day show ‘em how a vet is made
last time somebody skipped this file? David Blane!
These ready-made superstars
with tattoos and scars, and they think they can save face with a few bars,
They lukewarm, I’m in true-form
38 like Jordan in Utah killin’ dem with the flu shot,
struss-God that mean trust me I’m nutty as Ru Paul but I wear out a pussy like King Joffe in New York what could you do bro?
Well I promise you all the smoke, I’m Calvin Broadus to Snoop Dogg
Dis is the diary of a madman, who should’ve stamped champ,
but I rode above their heads like Anne Frank -
Fam! I’m a giant amongst ants like the tyrants from Bahgdad
Hussein I can’t hang on camera?
grew up on hammers M16 hammers no dancers miss me with MC Hammer.
I’m a Kool G Rap alumni these my handlers, the kufi-Nas from NY Jesus medallion
reading Langston Hughes, Al-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz and ‘em shit,
in the pocket like the audubon assassin
they gon’ photograph a African prototype of a starving kid
but not show you the royal blue Aston Martin whip. Its complicated!
and fuck vibranium, educate ‘em
we got ghettos too and they orange juice concentrated
But Bo Brady said be measured in your actions 
give them Honey & Pain, happiness and the anguish
like when Tony got the flooded Roley and we called it hope
for all the times the po-po had my folks against the ropes
for all the times we drove a shawty out to Mary Stopes
and all the ones we almost broke,
but still be calling hoes
they fall for men who end up teaching them the ropey dopey
these the broken homes we’re from
it ain’t sweet like its marijuana leaf-highs
like Maradona sniff white, strangled by a short leash
my Mama hold her fist tight
tell a bigot he can suck and lick a peace-pipe
coz we gon’ get the that level up and win this life, ay!
I’m from the real South - not that fried catfish Killer Mike
I mean that townships REAL SOUTH,
where blacks go through hardships like a roundtrip flight
its bat-shit backwards for the wrong skin type and I am disliked but I don’t give too many fucks
when they set the bar I look back and tell ‘em where it was
this shit ain’t for everyone, second cousin and Aunt
taking a dump on our culture for a radio chart , ay!
but I ain’t mad atchu,
might even dance to it
and half the world can watch me flannel, snap to it!

Rest in Peace ProKid
R.I.P HHP.
R.I.P Zwelethu Badela 
R.I.P Ben Sharpa
Stogie fucken T"

Comments

Popular Posts